I haven’t made a playlist in forever, but doing a ton of writing always makes me want to make one. This little batch of wedding writing is about done, but I’m hoping there will be another one soon. I wrote a total of 38 guides this week, roughly 19,000 words. There are a handful more in the pool, and I could stay up and do them, but I’m so tired. I’m so so tired. So! here are some songs that made me twitch around and rock back and forth and feel slightly better while I was working. Don’t question it, it is what it is.
1. Three Days Grace – Painkiller (yeah yeah, I know I know. I really like the chorus. Suck it.)
2. Panic! at the disco – Don’t Threaten Me with a Good Time (stupid but fun)
3. Caravan Palace – Brotherswing (this song sounded so familiar and I thought I might have had it on an earlier playlist, but I totally didn’t. I was recognizing it from a Darlings show.)
4. Metric – Black Sheep (this is like the most famous metric song and I’ve only heard it a few times)
5. Cake Bake Betty – One By One (I love the lyrics for this song but can’t find a lyric vid)
Hey kids and fake adults and self-soothsayers. I haven’t made a playlist for a million years, for a million different reasons, none of which I’m going to address. Other entries in other places are dedicated to my forlorn words. This right here is for music and good luck and light and the illusive beast known simply as the weekend. So here we are again, in the spring in the heat and the breeze and the rain if we get very lucky. Keep your fans blowing, your allergies in check, and try to enjoy the greening trees around you. Merry weekend to all, and to all a good Friday night.
1. Say Hi to your Mom – Blah Blah Blah (Cute sad fun morbid soft indie dance party)
2. Broken Bells – The High Road (Chill, nice beats, interesting electronic touches and harmonies)
3. Love & Rockets – Haunted When the Minutes Drag (Sounds like ’80s Depeche Mode in the best ways. Seriously, how is this not ’80s Depeche Mode? Also is this band what that one futurama episode is named after? I bet it totally is.)
4. Caravan Palace – Star Scat (E.L.E.C.T.R.O ~ S.W.I.N.G)
Hi, hello, hello, hi. Does it annoy you guys that I seem to *mainly* post playlists on here now? less personal posts? Have I lost followers since I started doing this? I don’t know how to find my follower count on this stupid, difficult to use website so I’m not going to make the effort to answer that question. I will probably go back to writing more personal stuff eventually, but I dunno for sure. Anyway, it has been a pretty uneventful week, and I sort of can’t believe we’re already 1 week into November. What’s that about yo? At least the weather is finally starting to get cool, which I greatly enjoy. Yes, good, cool, yes, good. Well, it’s a short playlist this week anyway, just four songs that I dig, and dug at some point during the week. I hope you guys enjoy your next few days, and your lives in general for that matter.